While this past year has brought many challenges, we are hopeful for 2021 and eagerly looking forward to hosting our event safely at the Opal Sands Resort. We are encouraged that those who attend in person will be able to do so safely and enjoy all the benefits of being together with proper precautions in place.
The Update in Liver & GI Conference will follow all CDC recommended guidelines and University of Florida event guidelines for in person interaction and activities that are in place at the time of the conference.
Opal Sands COVID Safety Procedures
From the Opal Sands:
PROPERTY PRECAUTIONS AND UPDATES
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
The wellbeing of our guests and team members is of the utmost importance.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CLEANLINESS:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and team members. Our health and safety measures include the following:
- Compliance with all minimum state and local guidelines related to COVID-19
- All team members have been trained on our new protocols
- Utilization of EPA-approved cleaning & disinfecting agents that kill the COVID-19 virus
- Face coverings required as part of uniforms for all team members
- Hand Sanitizer Stations at high traffic guest touch points
- Signage throughout public spaces on cleanliness, social distancing, and hand hygiene
- Elimination and/or offering alternative options for any shared-use items that can’t be cleaned after guest use
- Limiting team member room entry during stay (housekeeping, in-room dining)
- Surface disinfecting wipes in guest rooms
Per The Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners, citizens are required to wear face coverings in most indoor public places. For more information, please visit https://covid19.pinellascounty.org/.
We ask that anyone who feels unwell or has been in recent contact with someone with COVID-19 postpone their travel for the safety of other guests and our team members.
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.
As the CDC and the University of Florida’s event guidelines change, the procedures and precautions taken by the Conference are also subject to change.